In this episode, Dave and Yannick are joined by yet another first time guest ! John helps the guys review Move Along Home, the 10th episode of season one of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. After that, it was time to submit their guest to the seven questions.
In this episode
- According to one of the writers, Jeanne Carrigan-Fauci, the name of the game, “Chula”, comes from “Chutes and Ladders“, as the maze game is a “three-dimensional form” of the game. (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion (p. 38))
- Chief Miles O’Brien (Colm Meaney) does not appear in this episode and is stated to be on Earth. As mentioned in the episode “Dax“, he and Keiko O’Brien went to visit Keiko’s mother for her 100th birthday there.
- This episode is not given a stardate, but the above reference suggests that it happened even later than “Dax” (which, according to its own stardate, occurred later than most other episodes of the season).
- This is the first episode to feature Sisko and Dax in their dress uniforms. Bashir has lost his in transit to DS9 (referenced in the episode) and at this point in the series a dress uniform hadn’t been designed for Kira, so she appears in her normal duty uniform when greeting the Wadi.
- Broik‘s name is first used in this episode.
- This episode marks the second and final appearance of George Primmin (James Lashly) on the series, after “The Passenger“.
Once again, huge thanks to previous guest for joining us on last week’s episode. And thanks to all our listeners, we are very grateful you chose to spend a little bit of your precious time to listen to our show !
The review featured in this episode is a modified version of the work done by the team at Memory Alpha and is released under a CC-BY-NC licence, which means you can use it, transform it, and redistribute it as long as you give appropriate credits to us and Memory Alpha, and you don’t use it for commercial business.
The rest of this episode is released under a CC-BY-SA licence, which means you can do pretty much whatever you want with it, as long as you credit us as the original authors, and if you publish something based on this episode, you have to release it under the same license.